Studying the Old Testament can unlock a richer understanding of God and his redemptive work in the world. However, the Word of God in the Old Testament was transmitted through a very different language and culture than our own, making it difficult for us to rightly understand and interpret the text.
By completing this course, you’ll gain
- a richer understanding of God and his redemptive work throughout history
- foundational knowledge about the literary, historical, and theological issues behind the Old Testament and its various books
- a grasp on issues of interpretation, geography, archaeology, and the formation of the Old Testament canon
- insight into the background, purpose, message, structure, and major themes of each Old Testament book—from Genesis through the minor prophets
- insight into the Old Testament’s relationship to the New Testament
- confidence in your growing knowledge through personalized review sessions, unit assessments, and award-winning memory building tools