This course is an analysis of selected portions of the New Testament letters. It includes an analysis of the structure, content, historical-cultural background, and theological contribution of a portion of the letters. Additional attention will be paid to various methods and approaches to the books.
By the completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Identify the major themes in select portions for the letters.
2. Explain key interpretive categories such as literary structure and historical-cultural for the letters.
3. Distinguish appropriate methods of interpretation in the context of the NT letters to which those methods apply.
4. Develop skill in communicating NT letters based on differing interpretive methods and approaches.
5. Formulate tentative conclusions concerning contemporary church issues.