Students are required to read the books of the Minor Prophets this quarter. Previous reading of these books does not count for credit.
This course is designed to overview the Minor Prophet’s writings and to examine the different scope of their prophecies. We will examine the life of each minor prophet and discuss the various ways of interpreting their words in history, with a special emphasis on the orthodox protestant approach to the scriptures.
1. This course will help students gain a basic knowledge of the content of the books of the Twelve Minor Prophets.
2. This course will help students study the message of the Minor Prophets of Israel and the historical, social, and religious contexts that gave meaning to their ministry.
3. This course will help students gain an overview of the message and ministry of the Minor Prophets of Israel and relate the prophetic message to Christian Ministry.
4. This course will help students identify biblical and theological truths that contribute to spiritual formation and theological competence for life and ministry.
5. This course will help students develop an appreciation of the Old Testament as an integral part of the Christian Scriptures